This game is CLOSED.
Additional info on this round can be had here: [link]
Summer Game No. 4 takes us back to a place that I think you will enjoy more than Oxford dorms and English manor houses; the land of cybertech, elves, HUDs, wild magic and heavy weapons. That's right, Shadowrun.
Back when I was a wee lad I noticed that the fine illustrators at FASA (the original publisher of Shadowrun) were including a particular cool gun in some of their images. All the cooler because I just happened to have one on my desk. Since then various illustrators have continued to include this handgun in Shadowrun images (as well as images for other games - HINT) and I have always gotten a kick out of this odd crossover into the real world.
So this week's Summer Game is a bit of a visual scavenger hunt for this clunky gun. There are two ways to earn points and there is an opportunity to earn quite a few points with this one (plus there's a bonus):
1) Name the Make, Model, and Cost for this weapon in the Shadowrun universe (3 points)
2) Provide links to images of this exact weapon used in an illustration (1 point per image - the same image in two different locations on the web does not count, and my stock photos don't count either )
- The image has to be an illustration used in a Shadowrun product (or some other game). It can't just be a picture of the gun from a retailer's website, etc.
- The same image in two different locations on the web does not count
- My stock photos don't count either )
Bonus. Submit a stock image of yourself with this gun in your best action pose (3 points)
- You don't have to send all the image links that you find at the same time.
- Send your answers via note
to me. Please do not post guesses in any public comments, if you do you will be disqualified from this round.
- Deadline: 12 Midnight EDT, Tuesday, 29 June 2010
===========================SUMMER GAMES 2010 OVERVIEW
The Leader Board
is here: [link]
Throughout the Summer I will be posting a series of light, frivolous, stock-themed puzzle games.
Some will be like the first one, where you had to figure out a multi-step puzzle that required you to look VERY closely at a stock photo and then go from there. Some will be like Stock Charades. Some will be more visual, while others will be more puzzley (made that word up
).Each game is worth a certain number of points and each game can be solved by every person who plays
. A point will be taken away with each hint that we give; i.e. puzzle #1 started out worth 3 points, so anyone who solved it without any hints got all 3 points. After one hint had been given anyone who solved it got 2 points. And so on down to 1 point, after which no more hints will be given.There is one prize (a 1-year subscription to dA)
, and that will go to the person with the most points on September 22, 2010. If there happens to be a tie, we'll work something out.
Since this is based on cumulative points, each person can submit only one solution (i.e. guess) per puzzle.
I may answer requests for hints, but if I do I'll provide the hint to everyone - so strategize well.
Please don't post the parts that you figure out in the comments. That's pretty much a spoiler and many folks will prefer to figure it out by themselves. If you'd like to let us know that you figured something out, or if you have any other question or comment that might give someone an unfair advantage (or disadvantage), please send a note.
Download for full-res, less-compressed image.